It is extremely important to me that I continue to challenge myself and strive to improve my art. To that end, I am an accredited member of Professional Photographers of Canada, and I regularly compete in regional and national image competitions.
• 2018 Photographic Artist of the Year - PPOC Atlantic Region
• 2018 Best Pictorial/Floral image - PPOC Atlantic Region
• 2018 Best Fine Art image - PPOC Atlantic Region
• 2018 Bruce Berry Award for Best Overall Print - PPOC Atlantic Region
• 2018 Judge’s Choice Awards x 2 - PPOC Atlantic Region
• 2017 Best Pictorial/Floral image - PPOC National
• 2017 Judge’s Choice Award - PPOC National
• 2017 Judge’s Choice Award - PPOC Ontario
• 2016 Tibor Horvath Award of Excellence - PPOC Ontario
• 2019 - Photographer of the Year (Advanced Class) - Moncton Focus Camera Club
• 2019 - Ken Dunphy Landscape Award - Moncton Focus Camera Club
• 2019 - 2nd Place Merit from CAPA (Canadian Association for Photographic Arts) in the “Our Country” Contest.
In addition, my work has been published in books, calendars, and magazines and has been displayed in galleries, including the prestigious McMichael Canadian Art Collection.
I also write photography articles for websites and blogs, and was a regular contributor to the popular Improve Photography website. I’m a founding member of the Photographer's Co-operative, a fantastic resource for new and emerging photographers.
Proudly serving on the Board of Directors for Professional Photographers Atlantic Region since 2018, currently as Education, Social Media and Vice Chair.
It's because of light. You either don't have enough of it or you don't have the right kind. That's it and it doesn't just apply to pet photos, it applies to photos of your kids, that landscape you thought would be so pretty but wasn't and basically any photo that leaves you disappointed compared to the reality of the scene and what you were trying to capture.
I’m so proud to announce that I have received my Professional Accreditation in Animal Portraiture!